I have watched Brandon getting insulted and made fun of. I have watched him get pushed around. I have watched him being threatened with a fist in his face. I have even witnessed my son laying on the ground being kicked repeatedly. It seems as if I am the only one that sees him as an angel from heaven, and the kindest hearted person that ever lived. He cares and worries about everyone elses feelings before his own. He would never hurt anyone physically or verbally. Even when he is hurt first, he never hurts back. I have even given him permission to fight back. With all of this happening he always seems to bounce back. I just don't know how much more I can take. I wonder if it hurts me more than it hurts him. I want him to have the courage to stand up for himself, and not take all of the abuse. He doesn't deserve to be beat down, with his kindness , he should be the one that rises up and stands out for others to follow. Why does everyone want to follow the bullies or the bad kids. Why can't the new "cool" be the smart and sensitive kids. I have recently put Brandon in karate. He absolutely loves it. I am hoping that he learns that it is not ok for others to hurt him. I also hope that he learns to stand up for himself even when he is ready to pee his pants. I want Brandon to be more strong mentally that strong for the wrong reasons. I want him to outsmart these bullies and show them that he is a force that they don't want to mess with. I want him to finally get the respect he deserves and find his way through kindness and moral strength.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment