CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Hero for Mom!!

Recently my best friend had a going away party for her son, Johnny. He is going into the Air Force! I have known my friend Sandy since we were about 8 years old. I remember when Johnny was born. Sandy was young when she got pregnant, and ended up raising him by herself. She has done an amazing job with Johnny and her two daughters that followed. Now she finds herself dealing with the most difficult time that a mother can face. She has to let go of her son, so he can find his own path in life. He is a very smart and courageous young man. He could have chosen a different path. He could have chosen to do drugs, or quit school, or just get a regular old job out of high school. She is proud of her sons' decisions, because they are honorable, even though she misses him and is worried about him. I believe he chose to be on this path of his, because of how Sandy raised him. She raised him to be a responsible, thoughtful, and generous man. Sandy is my new hero! She has as much courage, as much compassion, as much strength as Johnny has when taking on his new adventure. I have not experienced a separation like that with any of my children yet, but I know I will eventually. When that time comes, I am going to need to borrow some of Sandy's courage and strength, and I know she will be there to get me through. Thank You Sandy...for being you!!

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

Moms have a special character that only other moms can understand - - - once we become moms, we become stronger than we ever thought we could be!

Happy Mom's Day!!