I have had my children out of school for two days now because of bomb threats at their school. There were two found last week at the high school, which didn’t affect my children. Now on Monday of this week there was one found in the middle school, which is connected to the elementary school. This last note referenced to the time frame of Thursday at 1:30pm. On Tuesday morning, I was all ready to drive my kids to school when I was told about this threat. I drove to the school finding three police cars placed at various locations outside the middle school. I approached one of the officers and began to ask questions about the safety of our students. He didn’t seem worried and told me that it seemed like a copycat. He also told me that the person writing these notes couldn’t even spell the notes correctly. I think he might have thought that telling me that the person couldn’t spell would make me think that they are also not capable of making a bomb. People that cannot spell are still capable of very bad things. You don’t need to know how to spell to make a bomb. Now it is Wednesday morning, and I again attempted to bring my children to school. I arrived at the school to find the same amount of police cars at the same locations. I was seriously considering letting the kids go to school today. But, as soon as the clock struck 8:00am all of the police cars left, thus leaving me with an uneasy feeling yet again. I am going to pick up any classwork or homework from the teachers so they won’t fall behind in class. I wonder how long it will take or what can be said to make me feel that the school is safe enough for my children to return to school.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
There was a bomb threat in Putnam?!?! I live in Griswold - I guess I never expected such things in our little quiet corner. One of the things I'm dreading for when my boys get older and enter school - - - thankfully it all turned ot OK!
Post a Comment